Supports Intensity Scale
Supports Intensity Scale (SIS®)
- Adults (age 16+) with an intellectual / developmental disability (I/DD).
- The assessor, the person served and at least 2 support people who the individual chooses to answer questions.
- When you begin services and every 3 years.
- You will receive a letter, then a call from a certified assessor to schedule a time and place best for the individual and supports to talk for about 1.5 - 2.5 hours.
- The assessor will ask questions about many common adult activities / behaviors / medical conditions and explore supports needed to have success just as anyone else the individual's age.
- Lapeer CMH uses the Supports Intensity Scale (SIS ®) as a standardized assessment tool.
- Finding out a lot about individuals, what they like or don't like and how they are best supported helps us to serve them better,
- Better informed person-centered planning.
Watch this short video to get a better understanding of SIS-A scale (English)
( SIS-A en Espanol)
Watch this short video to get a better understanding of an SIS-A Report (English)
SIS-A Report (en Espanol)