Citizen's Advisory Council
Citizens’ Advisory Council
Michelle Gould-Rice, LMSW
The purpose of the Lapeer County Community Mental Health (LCCMH) CAC is to advise the Board regarding its administration, programs, and services. The comments and recommendations of the CAC are considered advisory and will not be interpreted as executive in nature.
- The LCCMH CAC consists of twelve (12) members who are Lapeer County residents.
- Members are recruited and appointed to represent sectors of the person-served community so persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental illnesses and co-occurring disorders will be represented.
- Family members and general community representatives may be recruited and appointed to serve on the CAC.
- CAC Members who are program representatives are expected to be available to listen to concerns from their program participants.
- Program representatives are expected to provide reports and feedback from their program and program participants at the CAC meetings.
- The CAC will review and study various issues, and provide advisory recommendations to the Board. From time to time, the Board may request written recommendations and/or advice from the Council through the LCCMH CEO and/or their designee.
If you are interested in applying to the CAC, you can talk to Michelle Gould-Rice at 810-245-8550 or Lisa Ruddy at 810-245-8273 for more information.